BOARDRATS BOARD | CSI Community Message Board
January 18, 2019, 08:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential Scripts From True Crimes  (Read 18813 times)
curious jorja

Last Login:July 30, 2018, 09:53 AM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 02:06 PM »

I would imagine they would have to do a lot of analysis of the bodies for trace, etc.  Can you just picture Sara's face as they are going through that process??? Grin  Of course, now they would probably make the men do that, but do you remember in one of the very first episodes Nick had to examine a girl's breasts for discoloration when she put stuff on her breasts to make a guy fall asleep so she could rob him? They were a little riskier in those days!
oldfanatic
Administrator

Last Login:January 17, 2019, 09:23 AM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 02:29 PM »

I thought of the one where Sara had to examine the autograph on the Frat pledge (Pledging Mr Johnson).  She was quite interested and Nick was the one who didn't want to look.

Live well; laugh often; love much
ProfessorBoh
Global Moderator

Last Login:January 01, 2019, 11:50 PM

Uninhibited and can beat him in mental chest.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 10:39 AM »

Or Sara and Greg. Either way would work on Classic CSI. There would be a lot of teasing banter between either coupling.

That's when they jumped the shark. - Jim Brass "Two And A Half Deaths"
curious jorja

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 02:01 PM »

I thought of the one where Sara had to examine the autograph on the Frat pledge (Pledging Mr Johnson).  She was quite interested and Nick was the one who didn't want to look.
I forgot about this one!  That was really a funny one!  The men always tended to get squeamish when men were involved...remember Warrick when Doc was going to do some procedure on the male anatomy of the dead Happy Morales? Classic!  And then there was Super Dave complaining that he always had to look at the plumbing to see whether the vic was male or female.
ProfessorBoh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 08:23 AM »

Here's another one that would make a nice B or C story if they were still doing B and C stories http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20140730_ap_c110d57c57a44160a3e50253342c69a5.html

As for Nick and Warrick deferring to Sara and Catherine, that makes for a real interesting discussion about the differences between men and women.

oldfanatic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 09:19 AM »

That could meld nicely with a spate of rooftop sex that's been going on here in Newark, home of UD.  Remember Archie saying something about people not valuing privacy anymore. 

As for discussing men and women, what's to say but viva la difference.

ProfessorBoh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 12:24 AM »

You've got to look at this. Nick, Sara, and Warrick have put on a few pounds.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20140829_House_search_yields_evidence_in_brutal_abduction__slaying.html

oldfanatic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 09:49 AM »

Other than the circumstances, very funny!

ProfessorBoh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 11:34 AM »

It also reminded me of the two Laotian (?) brothers in Room Service. It's another example of how Classic CSI used stories that could happen in real life to tell a thought provoking story. Illegal immigration or immigrants used as a slave labor are issues for which there are no easy answers. Here there are two sides, one brother working hard regardless of circumstances and the other enthralled with new found glitz. Neither is right, yet neither is wrong.

Classic CSI ambiguity is a thing of beauty.

ProfessorBoh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2014, 07:06 AM »

Barack Obama at 2013 White House Correspondents Dinner. "And I've learned the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull. Pit bulls are delicious."

This one is just too good of a B story for them to pass up. http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014/sep/12/man-allegedly-cooked-dog-fed-it-ex-girlfriend/

curious jorja

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 10:48 AM »

Barack Obama at 2013 White House Correspondents Dinner. "And I've learned the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull. Pit bulls are delicious."

This one is just too good of a B story for them to pass up. http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014/sep/12/man-allegedly-cooked-dog-fed-it-ex-girlfriend/
This would have been a little more palatable than the one where that guy was serving his girlfriend to people!  That one really turned my stomach!  Even more than panty sniffers!!!
ProfessorBoh
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 09:53 PM »

Was that the one about the reality cooking show? I might have seen part of that one.

Fanatic, help me out. I know Alfred Hitchcock did a show where the murder weapon was a frozen leg of lamb that was later cooked eaten. Did he also do one where the twist at the end was serving up the corpse as holiday dinner? I seem to remember something like that, but it's not coming to me.

oldfanatic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2014, 09:48 AM »

In Rope (Jimmy Stewart) dinner was served on trunk containing a corpse.  That might be the one you're thinking of.  If not Google might be able to find out.

curious jorja

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2014, 10:43 AM »

Was that the one about the reality cooking show? I might have seen part of that one.

Fanatic, help me out. I know Alfred Hitchcock did a show where the murder weapon was a frozen leg of lamb that was later cooked eaten. Did he also do one where the twist at the end was serving up the corpse as holiday dinner? I seem to remember something like that, but it's not coming to me.
The frozen leg of lamb was served to the detectives on the case.  The woman murdered her husband and the detectives ate the evidence.  Beautiful Hitchcock ironic twist.  I don't remember the holiday dinner, but remember Fried Green Tomatoes?  They also served the corpse in a barbecue to the detectives on the case!
curious jorja

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2014, 10:45 AM »

Oh, and the one where the guy was serving his girlfriend to diners in a restaurant may have been on Criminal Minds!  I watch a lot of other crime shows now that CSI has gone to the dogs, so to speak...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: