BOARDRATS BOARD | CSI Community Message Board
December 15, 2017, 10:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petersen will be in a new play Nov-December  (Read 563 times)
sarapals

Last Login:Today at 12:12 AM

He's still wearing this shirt--2013!

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2017, 07:41 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/ct-william-petersen-steppenwolf-minutes-20170804-story.html

and he might go to Broadway with this play!

"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)
oldfanatic
Administrator

Last Login:Today at 09:42 AM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 08:17 AM »

Good for him.  Glad to see he's still interested in working.  Would be fun to go to NYC to see him on Broadway. 

Live well; laugh often; love much
sarapals

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 07:45 PM »

Rehearsal has started for the new play. Petersen is in Chicago! Photo from Steppenwolf Theater today

"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)
oldfanatic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 08:30 AM »

Not hard to see which one is Billy.

sarapals

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 11:32 PM »

Several good photos from Petersen's new play!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/amp/c.php?url=Photo-Flash-First-Look-at-THE-MINUTES-by-Tracy-Letts-at-Steppenwolf-20171115

oldfanatic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 09:41 AM »

He looks very good and in spite of it being called a comedy, it looks pretty serious if the action we see in a couple of the photos is typical.  Seems like a short run; don't remember whether his other plays were the same.

curious jorja

Last Login:November 22, 2017, 11:57 AM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 11:57 AM »

I saw it!!! Tom and I decided at the last minute to fly to Chicago and see the play.  We couldn't even sit together, but were happy to be there.  It was actually very good.  Billy has put on a few pounds, but he was excellent in the play.  It was quite interesting - about whether or not we stick to our beliefs about history or reveal the truth if we find out it was incorrect.  Kind of like the dilemma about celebrating Columbus that's going on now, but it's about their town history, which was completely untrue.  Anyway,  Billy had a commanding position and carried it off quite well.  The ending was a little strange.  I won't go into it in case anyone goes, but after thinking about it for a while, Tom and I thought the whole thing was pretty good.  Definitely worth the trip.
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and Oldfanatic, we are particularly thankful for  you and your grandson for all that you do for us, and on a personal note, for what a wonderful friend you are!!!
sarapals

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 02:21 PM »

Steppenwolf has extended the play until January 7 if that helps anyone's schedule!

Enjoy Thanksgiving Day!

sarapals

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 11:50 PM »

Petersen said once he wanted to be mayor of Chicago--well, while he's mayor of Cherry Hill (don't think that's the right name) in the play, he did get to meet the Mayor of Chicago!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: