BOARDRATS BOARD | CSI Community Message Board
January 18, 2019, 08:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: repeats today  (Read 848 times)
oldfanatic
Administrator

Last Login:January 17, 2019, 09:23 AM

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2018, 11:27 AM »

ION is showing 2008 episodes - For Gedda, For Warrick and goes on to Grissom's leaving and Langston coming on.  None of these are ones I particularly enjoyed - The Happy Place, Art Imitates Life, etc.

Live well; laugh often; love much
sarapals

Last Login:January 12, 2019, 07:57 PM

He's still wearing this shirt--2013!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 09:19 PM »

For Warrick is so sad. By the time Petersen left, the writing quality had diminished to the point of being unbelievable (the one with the frozen bodies as art). After Langston comes in, I don't think there is one episode that ranks in the top 25 CSI episodes!

"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)
oldfanatic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 09:11 AM »

Still hard to watch For Warrick.  No matter how many times I've seen it, and knowing exactly what's coming, it hard to believe they let him die.  In addition to Langston, the writing destroyed the show.  As S-P said, none of the episodes rank in the top 25 and it's no wonder.

sarapals

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 08:06 AM »

I've thought the death of Warrick gave a signal to fans that the powers that be did not care about the characters and, as a result, the fans. Think about the millions who were attached to these characters--and to have one appear to 'turn bad', get arrested as a suspected murderer, and then have that character killed off quickly--before many viewers could follow the twists and turns of the plot.

It shows a lack of consideration to fans. These were the good guys--for years we had watched them do the right thing--and we did not want to see one turn bad, even if it was a mistake or part of this twisted plot. (Same can be said for Sara when she was accused of murder.) These investigators were on the right side of the law!

Once the writers/producers decided to end Warrick, fans realized that no one was 'safe' on the show--safe from arrest, from going bad-cop, from death. So we all lost faith/confidence in their story. And every week, a few more fans chose to leave the audience.

"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)
oldfanatic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 08:36 AM »

Same was true of the cop who 'died by police suicide' and was one of our favorites.  Someone refresh my memory on his name.  Started with a V.
And the times we complained that apparently the new writers did not bother to watch old episodes, such as the problem about Sara's brother. They made up all kinds of excuses for that one.
It's no wonder Billy chose to leave when he did and a wonder all the rest didn't do the same.

sarapals

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 06:32 PM »

It has always puzzled me that tptb had no plan for what happened when Petersen left. They knew for at least 2 years that he was leaving--and, if remember correctly, he stayed longer than he planned to stay. Other shows have had much less notice that a main character was leaving and managed to pull off a replacement that worked (Criminal Minds, NCIS has had several replacements). But CSI seemed to be stuck with bad writing and no one in charge to keep the show on track--

We could make a list-- Sara's brother/no brother, the changing date of Sara's birthday. Making Langston the smartest guy in the lab--how much of a disaster was that idea?? Oh-- Sara, Grissom, and Nick left and seemed to disappear from anyone's thoughts.

oldfanatic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 12:46 PM »

Unfortunately the repeats today are the 2012/2013 episodes.  Will they ever get back to the early seasons?  I will continue to ignore them until then.

oldfanatic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 05:20 PM »

Repeats on ION tonight are from the 2005 season - Gum Drops, Secrets and Flies, A Bullet Runs Through It.  Those are the only ones I checked out - all great episodes.  Hope some of you are watching them.

sarapals

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 10:39 AM »

Don't know if it is my computer or the board, but I can not post/reply to anything posted after this one. I can read post by OF.

I do wish we would get more comments on these old episodes! We are getting a free month of HULU at work which means we have CSI every day!

And this hit me while watching the Pilot--Grissom left Holly at a scene, she was at the convenience story and called for help!! (Catherine came). SO--Warrick left her at the house with a policeman there (who must have left also), so why was it Warrick's fault any more than the policeman's who was never mentioned?

And Grissom was a big flirt...

oldfanatic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 11:40 AM »

Caught a bit of Dead Ringer and see Happenstance is one of the episodes showing on ION tonight.  Both good; Happenstance one of my favorites. 

sarapals

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 06:44 PM »

Detective Vega!! Awful what writers did with him! And another one of those mistakes made by poor writing.

oldfanatic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 06:51 PM »

S-P - And by not paying any attention to what happened in previous episodes.  We could name quite a few gaffes on that score.  The one I hated most was moving Sara's birthday.

oldfanatic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 11:17 AM »

SYFY is showing a couple of the earlier episodes.  Just finished Nesting Dolls.  Love the end - Catherine and Ecklie ask Grissom what he's done to discipline Sara.  Tells Grissom Sara is a loose cannon with a gun and all his.  Does the expression on Grissom's face mean he's be happy for her to be all his?!

sarapals

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 12:17 PM »

I think you are right-- Grissom has a satisfied expression on his face!!

Always gets me-- Sara was right and no one ever said "you were right"---

Ecklie and Catherine look a bit to comfy sitting together, IMO

oldfanatic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 02:09 PM »

Seems to me Sara never got all the credit due her.  Focus was mainly on how smart Catherine was.  And where was her loyalty to Grissom?  No loyalty when Sara's deductions interfered with her own?  One of the reasons Catherine was down the list of my favorites.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: