BOARDRATS BOARD | CSI Community Message Board
March 18, 2019, 12:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: repeats today  (Read 1107 times)
sarapals

Last Login:March 13, 2019, 07:47 PM

He's still wearing this shirt--2013!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 11:02 PM »

Yet, when Catherine got in trouble--thought she was raped--who did she call? Sara! She knew who would not talk!

Like you, I always thought there was too much of 'how smart Catherine is'-- and Catherine was not a good employee/co-worker, IMO. She did what she wanted to do and never looked at Grissom as her supervisor.

Between us, I thought her role as a parent was pretty darn awful! She played on the sympathies of everyone with working nights and never seeing her daughter, but then how many times did we see her go out after work, not home to daughter?

"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)
oldfanatic
Administrator

Last Login:Today at 08:52 AM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2018, 08:30 AM »

You are so right.  Remember the episode where the mother drowned her daughter in the carnival ride?  Catherine said she had to leave and I'm sure we all thought it was to go home to her daughter but no -  off to sleep with the current bed partner.  In relation to Grissom, she often acted as though she thought she was the boss.

Live well; laugh often; love much
sarapals

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 01:12 PM »

She did!! Watching reruns, I 'catch' some of these things that I didn't noticed the first time!

The carnival murder by the mother stands out as a perfect one--- how Catherine was all into mothering except for actually taking care of her own daughter!

And how many times did Catherine do what she wanted instead of doing what her supervisor asked or assigned?

"Long long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke..." (Longfellow & Sara Sidle, Ending Happy, 2007)
oldfanatic
Administrator

Last Login:Today at 08:52 AM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 11:34 AM »

Watched most of Secrets and Flies - one of CSI's best.  When Grissom and Catherine are in the hall, he questions her about Dr. Ryan's complaint  concerning remarks made by Catherine during a conversation.  Instead of quoting Leviticus, Grissom should have reminded Catherine that she is not supposed to express her personal beliefs when talking to someone involved in a case.  His lack of being firm about her conduct, which happened far too often, did not help establish the 'boss' relationship we've talked about before.  In a sense this does give Catherine some excuse for her occasions of insubordination.

Live well; laugh often; love much
sarapals

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 10:00 PM »

And-- years later, we see Catherine as a supervisor--and she's not a good supervisor!

In Secrets and Flies, Grissom should have put her on suspension! Was Catherine the only one who was never suspended?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: